Discuss Dodgy tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Last month I walked out on a builder I do work for, was fed up of bending over backwards for them & getting no thanks for it, working 90/100hrs per week etc.
Any way they were back on the phone asking me to come back & yesterday I got sent to a house to "see what I could do" with the tiling.
umete8et.jpg

hazynyha.jpg

yhyva6er.jpg

7ebupagu.jpg

vaju6a6y.jpg

amepu9aj.jpg

yre7ymym.jpg

epa4e3a2.jpg

7a6u5upe.jpg

y5aqezut.jpg

9u8u8agu.jpg

edyhera9.jpg

This "Tiler" had been recommended to them by CTD to replace me..

S

Stef

Typical Stef, who was the culprit at CTD?

Not sure Trevor, will find out next week when I'm up.
The guy was boasting seemingly about how much work he had on but could come & do this with just a few days notice!!
These are only some pics from the ensuite,
I can't believe anyone can put out this standard of work.
Job wasn't far from you, East Kilbride to Newton Mearns road, last exit up the hill before you get to the 77 roundabout.

P

Pebbs

Stef, I am going to ask you a question, do you want to go back and work for this builder or not? You said you bent over backwards for them before and had enough of them. I am not addressing the workmanship, because its all been said. Seriously the decision you have to take is this, do you need the work or not? They set themselves up for this one, and they got what they deserved. If they had treated you better they wouldnt have been in this situation. Your great at what you do, and I feel they dont deserve your services, unless you need the work I would walk...but thats just me.

Whatever decision you make, let us know.

Lynn

S

Stef

Stef, I am going to ask you a question, do you want to go back and work for this builder or not? You said you bent over backwards for them before and had enough of them. I am not addressing the workmanship, because its all been said. Seriously the decision you have to take is this, do you need the work or not? They set themselves up for this one, and they got what they deserved. If they had treated you better they wouldnt have been in this situation. Your great at what you do, and I feel they dont deserve your services, unless you need the work I would walk...but thats just me.

Whatever decision you make, let us know.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn, honestly? I don't need the work as I could fall back onto private work easily,
I'm always busy.
I have worked for this builder for 4 n a half years & I walked to prove a point & it worked.
It could have back fired on me but there was method to my madness.
I feel sorry for the client & I only met her on Thursday.
I wish I could do more to rectify the situation for her but apart from a full rip out then my hands are tied.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dodgy tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB