Discuss Does A Few Hours Matter in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cone

I've sealed my wet room floor and tray with mega tanking membrane and 90℅ of joints sealed in the floor. It says 24hours before tiling thou I didn't get to put my 2nd coat on until 5 tonight. Will I have to wait until tomorrow night at 5(which really means fridday) to start tiling the floor or can I start around midday which is 19 hours later.

I'll also be using a flexi addy on this floor but wanting to know is all flexi addy OK or will I have to get one that's just for wet floors?

C

cone

24 hrs is 24hrs id rather do it after25 hrs than 23.
better be safe than sorry

:( was hoping for a different reply :( thou if its 24 hours, I think I'll just have to go with it. Was hoping could have got away with a few hours but in saying that, I can't see it being much of a difference, I think the full 24 hours is just a decent amount of drying time for the makers of the stuff to cover them..

S

Stocks Tiles

:( was hoping for a different reply :( thou if its 24 hours, I think I'll just have to go with it. Was hoping could have got away with a few hours but in saying that, I can't see it being much of a difference, I think the full 24 hours is just a decent amount of drying time for the makers of the stuff to cover them..

You should follow this time scale to cover yourself, if you don't follow the guidelines and it goes wrong then it's going to be at your cost and reputation. Always worth planning this out, I always try to drop in a few days before I start a job (if possible) to do any waterproofing so when I start, I ain't stopping or having a delay ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Does A Few Hours Matter in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
O
I am soon to start a job which will have a underfloor heating mat in a wet room. I am wondering...
Replies
Views
Ollie02948
O
J
I spent ages preparing my wet room with impey tray and tanking system . I'm on a wooden floor...
Replies
Views
jolyonwag
J
A
Hi all Am new to this, just had my en-suite ripped out and replaced, tiles are floor to...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB