Discuss Does this sound OK? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

IMO the AKW is the better tray... you can use Dural WP to tank it , along with Dural wp tape and pre-formed corners and also WP for the walls..

You need to sand the tray to get ultimate grip for tile adhesive nut i prefer to use Mapei eco-prim grip and prime with that... :thumbsup:

You need to fully make sure it is water tight.. any joins need to be overlapped by 50mm .. full instructions or on the Dural UK website and best prices for the AKW and dural products is from PHG Wetrooms.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

IMO the AKW is the better tray... you can use Dural WP to tank it , along with Dural wp tape and pre-formed corners and also WP for the walls..

You need to sand the tray to get ultimate grip for tile adhesive nut i prefer to use Mapei eco-prim grip and prime with that... :thumbsup:

You need to fully make sure it is water tight.. any joins need to be overlapped by 50mm .. full instructions or on the Dural UK website and best prices for the AKW and dural products is from PHG Wetrooms.

Spot on Dave imo.

J

jonnyc

i know a tiler who did not use the dreadful bitumous tilesafe membrane over the impey tray. the client did not buy the tilesafe membrane because it was so expensive and tiler happy not to use as it is such a pain to fix especially when you have to overlap joints and this can cause a problem if fixing glass mosaics on walls of shower.But he has had to replace all six trays. he sanded the tray and used mira multicoat and fleece.
you should be very wary of using a tanking kit that is not tested and recommended by the manufacturer of tray.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Does this sound OK? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Dear all, First time and hoping for help! I have a AKW tuff form / level best tray installed...
Replies
Views
micko
M
J
I spent ages preparing my wet room with impey tray and tanking system . I'm on a wooden floor...
Replies
Views
jolyonwag
J
P
Exceptional Strength and Durability Features & Benefits Tens of thousands of installations...
Replies
Views
P
O
Hi, Over the main bathroom floor im using 18mm WBP over joists with added noggins. On top of...
Replies
Views
PHG Dave
P
W
Hello all, Im about to start a new wetroom. It is located on the first floor - the floor is...
Replies
Views
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB