UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Doing Business Well in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LOFTHOUSE

Hello Again, Tiling Forum Members.

I hope that you all are doing business with integrity and keeping in mind your prosperity. This is a Fabulous trade to be involved with, as you all know I'm sure.

I tell you, it wasn't always fun/exciting to be in a customer's home all week, or two weeks, a month! However, I've learned to keep idle "chit-chat" to a minimum with most clients, otherwise they think you're up to something. You'll feel-out the comfort level, and keep the professionalism about yourself depending on each scenario. It is so cool to remain a mystery. They don't have to know how long you've been a Tiler, why you became involved, etc. Just impress them with your work, it'll speak highly of you.

We Tilers are constantly thinking of our next move on a project. Picking up material, applying grout release, removing spacers, cleaning out the van, returning tools to storage on the way out, bringing in more field tile on the way in. It's tremendous at times, eh?

Let us also remember names, locations, likes and dislikes. I keep a FileBox in the Van, and at my Home/Office. With a well organized list of past clients, you'll remember to send out one Thank You card upon completion of a project, and maybe some simple postcards annually. Vistaprint.com has a wonderful selection of moderately priced marketing material.

Things like logodesign, Business Image Development, and even the colors of my workclothes, photo-portfolios, up to the pen I sign contracts with, provide IMPACT......a sense of TRUST. I used to be a Ruff & Tumble sort of "Laborer", my tools were messy and my Chevrolet ElCamino left oil in the customers driveway. I just kept telling myself, someday. And, I prayed a lot, kept approaching Realtors, Builders, Running Free Ads on Craigslist.com EVERYTHING!We must be a hybrid individual to survive in a competitive world.

The biggest help to me has been my wife Mindy's support. She agreed to sell her 2000 Model Pontiac Sunfire (small car). She held onto the money, (so I wouldn't buy too much Beer) Then, through much prayer and searching for the perfect "Truck", we found a Van online! I was able to purchase this Van for what I sold the car for.
Just have to remain patient, and it all pays off. Wake up with Thanks & Praise to the Lord, to Life, and to LOVE......the Greatest of them all.

I LOVE THIS INDUSTRY, AND WISH YOU ALL ENJOYMENT, FULLFILLMENT, AND TO BE CONTENT YET MINDFUL OF CONTINUED PROSPERTITY!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL! KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN A FREE WORLD!

Much Respect

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Doing Business Well in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on how much adhesive to use. I’ve taken on my first tiling project and found...
Replies
Views
Hello all I am new here so I hope that I can post this here. I am a tile contractor in Denver...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.