UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dot & Dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Re: Bal bond.

Ta mate. an you run through the Dot and Dab plasterboard for me, as in how to do it.

It's very easy once you have the knack - make sure the plasterboard adhesive is not too sloppy or too stiff - needs to be able to squash in a bit, but also not run down the wall.
First cut all your boards to fit. -For any windows, leave an overhang around - cut off later once dry - this overhang helps keep the board more rigid.

Mark out on the wall where your joints will lay - you need to make sure there is adhesive running along these.
Most important - dot the wall with your adhesive - not the board.
Press boards to wall - this is where it comes in handy to have a long metal straight edge - bang into place a bit at a time & keep checking with spirit level.
Finally run along the outside of your joints & along the gaps inside the window & top near ceiling etc - hey presto - should be ready to tile in 3 / 4 hrs

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dot & Dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all what adhesive would you recommend for dot and dabbing foam cored backer board onto...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.