Discuss Dreaded egg box walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Been to look at a job tonight and told the customers that the paint on the walls will have to be removed prior to fully tiling their bathroom.
The walls are egg box (unskimmed double layer of p/board with card box squares before another double layer of p/board) and the paint (they say) can't be removed. They also say that neighbours have the same and have fully tiled without issue. They are happy for me to tile but I am uncomfortable without removing the paint... Any ideas on how to do so without pulling the card off the plasterboard face?
Have suggested re boarding but that means narrowing the room down as the bath only just fits without bringing it in another 25mm

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dreaded egg box walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
I am refitting the bathroom, and have removed the (two layers of) tiles but unfortunately not...
Replies
Views
I am a part-time handyman - have done floor tiling before and small areas of wall tiling but...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB