Discuss dropped a bit of a boo boo in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

reeves1985

Right I've dropped a bit of a boo boo and hoping someone may have a "cunning" solution .

I've mis measured the centre point along the bath wall (long side) which will be home to a double ended bath which has a fixing platform for the centre taps here's the bath just so you can picture what I mean
http://trojanplastics.co.uk/baths/double-ended-baths/miranda-1700x700/

This means taps will be dead centre

But on too of that the mis measurement has lead to me centralizing a concealed shower valve with fixed head and handheld from the wrong center

I'm reluctant to rip the wall off because it's now been tanked and I've skimmed the ceiling which all ties in

The bath needs to be chopped in to fit snugly by roughly 10mm and the centre point is off by 15mm

Titling wise from the centre point of the bath is going to be a vertical mosaic strip so as you can imagine it needs to line up so it doesn't look crap.

The. Bad centre has come about from having to square one wall up more than anticipated

Does anybody have any tips to "hide" this while tiling or is it a wall off jobbie

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
What size are the tiles?
i cheated on the job below. I wanted an equal cut both sides of the wc, this meant that the centre of the bath was out by 30 mm!
so with my wet saw I ripped 15 mm of the tiles that lined up in the centre and polished the edges back up.
hey presto!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 153
M

mache

What size are the tiles?
i cheated on the job below. I wanted an equal cut both sides of the wc, this meant that the centre of the bath was out by 30 mm!
so with my wet saw I ripped 15 mm of the tiles that lined up in the centre and polished the edges back up.
hey presto!
Nice finished job that. Am I right in thinking this was the one with the mishap on the WC height?

R

reeves1985

offer them a discount if they will accept it as it is. The hassle of taking it all off and redoing will affect them just as much as it will you and a discounted bill seems an elegant solution to me.

Luckily in this instance I am my own customer as its my own bathroom and being a plasterer by trade not a tiler I was trying to help myself for the tiling by doing as much squaring up as possible with the dry lining hence the slight oversight with the center line after one of the walls needed a bit more squaring than anticipated

Its my own fault as I had to leave this certain wall open to access the plumbing so run the shower pipework before it was done neglating the fact I had already assumed the amount of depth needed to square it up and already centred the rest

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Luckily in this instance I am my own customer as its my own bathroom and being a plasterer by trade not a tiler I was trying to help myself for the tiling by doing as much squaring up as possible with the dry lining hence the slight oversight with the center line after one of the walls needed a bit more squaring than anticipated

Its my own fault as I had to leave this certain wall open to access the plumbing so run the shower pipework before it was done neglating the fact I had already assumed the amount of depth needed to square it up and already centred the rest

Ahh... in that case oops!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to dropped a bit of a boo boo in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

So I have a bathroom to do in 100 x 200 metros. Lucky me. Taps are on long side of bath next to...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
We have a 4x3 bedroom with the following 12 spans: 190, 368, 380, 365, 380, 370, 385, 370, 395...
Replies
Views
C
Hi folks. Another day, another forum to signup for advice from better folk than I. This time its...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB