Discuss Drytreat Stainproof Original in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kingsley's

Hi there,

I have just finished tiling a 40m sandblasted limestone floor and was planning on sealing and grouting it tomorrow. The customer has bought Drytreat Stainproof Original, which from what I've read (and what it cost!) appears to be a very good product. I just wondered if anyone has any experience using this stuff, and if so, knows how long after applying it I can go ahead and grout. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Iain

K

Kingsley's

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately Dave there aren't any details on the bottle other than how to apply the sealer. Looking on their website isn't much better. The only clue is it says no moisture contact for 6 hours. Do you feel it would be ok to grout after that length of time? I tried calling their customer services several times yesterday but it just went to voicemail.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately Dave there aren't any details on the bottle other than how to apply the sealer. Looking on their website isn't much better. The only clue is it says no moisture contact for 6 hours. Do you feel it would be ok to grout after that length of time? I tried calling their customer services several times yesterday but it just went to voicemail.

I always wait 24 hours before applying. The product can be applied with a roller or brush, left for an hour, and then any excess wiped off with a lint free cloth.

Don't forget, to avoid any moisture contact for 24 hours and the whole chemical process to penetrate the stone to a depth of 6-7mm is approx. 4 weeks.

Last edited:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
After reading the spec , i would leave over night after pre-seal and then once grouted make sure you fully seal to saturation.. again min 24 hrs after grouting..
Yeah sorry forgot to mention 24 hours between sealing and grouting and 24 hours again to seal grout.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Drytreat Stainproof Original in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB