Discuss Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters Discussion ThreadDual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters Electrical Advice

I am a landlord/owner of a flat. I am just about to spur off nearby sockets to provide the additional 24hr supply to new Dimplex Quantum storage heaters. Before i do some ugly surface mounted wiring I re-checked the heater installation manual. These Quantum heaters can be wired to a single 24hr supply and rely on their internal timers or wifi controlled timers to ensure they only come on during the E7 night hours - see attached. I have 2 pairs of tails coming from the old RTS meter. One pair for the E7 CU and other for the 24hr CU. So why dont i just put the E7 CU on the 24hr tails as well? The immersion tank has timers too which would be programmed for E7 times. All sockets etc switch to the cheap rate at the E7 times. So why do i need to struggle with adding spurs to nearby sockets when the CU can be changed instead? This RTS meter will be updated shortly so i need to make sure the new type is still compatible with this new 24hr twin tariff setup. OVO wont speak to me about the property meter and this switch over option because i am not the account holder but the tenant wont understand any of this to let them deal with it!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters

Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond