UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss dukka board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

heres some info on dukka board

DUKKA BOARD

Call [FONT=&quot]Technical Services on 08701 271 300 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]W[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.dukkaboard.com[/FONT]

The Dukkaboard® tile backerboard system is made up of three product ranges – Flat panels, Shower trays and Creative Panels, supported by a comprehensive range of accessories and waterproofing products. The boards are totally impervious to moisture, lightweight, rot free, and dimensionally stable with very high thermal values.

Dukkaboards come in various sizes and thicknesses.
600 x 13004mm, 6mm, 10mm, 12mm, 20mm
600 x 2600 – 10mm, 20mm, 30mm, 40mm, 50mm
1200 x 2600 – 12mm ‘’Maximum weight ratio = 65kg/m2’’

Installation...
There are 3 methods of installing DukkaBoard
1. Mechanical Fix – (Stud Wall) [FONT=&quot]Mechanically fix boards using drywall screws and fixing washers at 300mm centres ensuring edges of boards always land on a stud
. Frame work of 300mm centres should have a minimum of a 12mm dukkaboard.
. Frame work of 400mm centres should have a minimum of a 12mm dukkaboard.
. Frame work of 600mm centres should have a minimum of a 20mm dukkaboard.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
2. Direct Fix (Soild – smooth walls) - Use a suitable SPF tile adhesive and apply with an 8mm (minimum) notched trowel. Bed the dukkaboards onto the adhesive and fix 14 mechanical fixings per 2600 x 600mm board and 8 per 1300 x 600mm board. Mechanical fixing are: ‘Screws and fixing washers or fixing dowels).Reinforce all joints with reinforcement tape ‘unless’ waterproofing![FONT=&quot][/FONT]
3. [FONT=&quot]Dab and Dowel Method – (Solid – rough walls)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] – For this type of application, use 20mm Dukkaboard! Put holes in the boards at 300mm intervals and place dabs of adhesive over the holes and fix to the wall. When cured, drill an 8mm hole into the dabs and hammer in a stainless steel dowel and washer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 14 mechanical fixings per 2600 x 600mm board[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and 8 per 1300 x 600mm board.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Reinforce all joints with reinforcement tape unless waterproofing![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixing to Timber Floors:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - (10mm board minimum) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]should be laid in a staggered pattern onto a bed of SPF adhesive using an 8mm notched trowel and allowed to set. Now mechanically fix with screws and washers at 300mm centres. Apply reinforcement tape to joints ‘unless’ waterproofing. Allow a 6mm perimeter expansion joint. 12mm Dukkaboards are recommend for under floor heating![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixing to Concrete Floors:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Using a 8mm notched trowel, spread a layer of SPF adhesive and ‘direct fix’ the boards onto it in a staggered pattern. Apply reinforcement tape to joints ‘unless’ waterproofing. Allow a 6mm perimeter expansion joint.[/FONT]
Partition Dukkaboard: - Mark out where the partition is to be situated. Attach U-fixings to the adjacent wall and floor. Run a bead of ‘Puracol adhesive’down the edge of the partition board and floor and slide into place. Note: 50mm dukkaboards are normally used for partition systems. Now, push on H – brackets onto the edge the first panel run a bead of Puracol adhesive down the edge and fix the next board into place. Repeat until the partition is completed!
Creative ‘Curved’ Dukkaboard: - 30mm and 50mm pre scored panels are available. Install the same way as flat panels. When the Puracol has dried, apply a skim coat of SPF adhesive over the ‘Slotted side’ and around the edge by 100mm and bed in the 1m wide reinforcement mesh and allow to dry.
Note: One side of the board is foam and one side of the board is slotted!!

ed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to dukka board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
Hi All, It's my first post here. I'm currently working on a wetroom in my flat and would love to...
Replies
Views
Hi All. I'm installing a new shower enclosure and hoping for some advice on fixing the 12.5mm...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.