Discuss durabella batons in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steveboy

Ok heres the thing....

I am on a full bathroom re-fit, the old bath had been leaking from a few places for quite a while by the looks of it. The old chip board floor had to be replaced, so I removed that to find these wooden batons with a kinda rubber on the base of them, these were rotten as well. After some investigating as to what they were I found out that it was for a floating floor system. So now I have sourced new batons, insulation & fitted it all with the floor, but now there seams to be more movement than before. Now my customer has ordered 300X300 stardust tiles for the floor. I am not sure what to do as im afrade they are all gona break or pop loose & i get called back when this happenes.

Is there any way I can strengthen the floor right up or could i use this dura base matting????

Any help or advice would be much appreciated...

Cheers

S

steveboy

I think you have done the right thing. Well done mate, a lot of people would have just tiled it, took the money and run.

Cheers Rich, She is defo getting the lino, there was a note left for me to say it was ordered & will be delivered. I'm not in to ripping people off & running. I'd rather be honnest about everything & hope that I will get more work or referals for the honesty. its the best way....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to durabella batons in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve decided to re tile my bathroom walls and floors due to the poor state they were in when...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
durabella batons
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.