Discuss Durable floor tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DMC

Hi everyone,

I will soon be starting on shower/utility room and I want to get suggestions on the right type of tile to use. We're putting in natural stone where possible (mostly travertine) but this room is a unique case and I don't think travertine will hold up well. In addition to be having a shower and toilet, this small room (4 sq meters) is the access point to basement storage with all kinds of heavy stuff, and has an external door through which bikes, dogs and tools are taken. The substrate is well cured screed. Ceiling is a little low, and ideally the tile + mortar will be less than 23mm to be level with the hall.

My first thought is porcelain, but maybe there's a natural stone that will work well. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Durable floor tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I am having a downstairs small bathroom completely renovated. There will be a new...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB