Discuss Earthing Armour with BS951 clamps? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Earthing Armour with BS951 clamps? Discussion ThreadEarthing Armour with BS951 clamps? Electrical Advice

I was replacing a socket that had a cracked face and as I took said socket off I noticed the armour was earthed by using BS951 clamps. I wasn’t expecting to see any earthing of the armour as the SWA was in a conduit drop to the socket.

I’ve never seen it done like that before but now I walk around the factory and automatically assume every SWA I see entering a conduit drop will have the armour earthed with the clamps. Never been referenced on any EICRs we’ve had done in the past.

I don’t like it as the SWA hasn’t been glanded, just been shoved down the conduit.

I took the conduit drops away and glanded the SWA appropriately with the use of Earth Nuts.

Is the use of BS951 clamps acceptable practice for the earthing of armour?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Earthing Armour with BS951 clamps?

Earthing Armour with BS951 clamps? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Earthing Armour with BS951 clamps? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Earthing Armour with BS951 clamps? Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond