Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Easy tile removal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Started a new job today - the tubbed adhesive must have been dry the second it hit the wall, there was a massive bow in the wall so they had put some one coat plaster over the top which was an inch thick in places, tiles flew off the wall - I'll post pictures tomorrow of the stud work they covered up:yikes:

sadly the same could'nt be said for the rendered wall, that really did take some abuse before we managed to clear it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4oA5MIfR4s]YouTube - tile removal[/ame]

S

suave

Started a new job today - the tubbed adhesive must have been dry the second it hit the wall, there was a massive bow in the wall so they had put some one coat plaster over the top which was an inch thick in places, tiles flew off the wall - I'll post pictures tomorrow of the stud work they covered up:yikes:

sadly the same could'nt be said for the rendered wall, that really did take some abuse before we managed to clear it

YouTube - tile removal

oh dear!

C

Colour Republic

Wait until about ten years time when everyone starts using bagged addy on cement boards. Wont be so easy then im afraid!

I for one am dreading it.

the reason it was so easy is because the one coat plaster was like filler, it must have drawn the moisture out instantly, the difference between that wall and the rendered was massive!

Anything left of the bath?

It's got a date with the skip in about an hour, then there won't be much left of the room let alone the bath:smilewinkgrin:

C

Colour Republic

I said I would post pictures of the wall in question... check this out!

Too long to go into to detail, but long and short of it is... 2 differnet firms fitting bathrooms (either side of this wall) had patched this up with rubbish results! I've never seen a wall do this so bad. I think this is just from the timber drying out and bowing not for any other reason. I estimate this wall to be about 20 years old (the house is 120)

walltf1.jpg

about 800mm down from the split

walltf2.jpg

i've sorted it now but camera died so I shall take pic tomorrow

Reply to Easy tile removal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. First time poster and tile diy. Thanks in advance for any and all help, tidbits...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Easy tile removal
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.