Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Electric or Manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

P

PMM9BRO

Hi folks this is my 1st message so please be gentle;

I'm a novice apart from a little bit of diy in the past, I have decide to tile my en-suite 13m2 of 360 x 275mm tiles, I have managed to get a good price for hiring an electric sawbench that can cut tiles. My question is can I do the whole job with the sawbench so that I can save myself having to buy a manual cutter and what would be the best finish for the job

J

Jeff the tiler

With the size it is more a time point than whether electric or manual. Electric will be slower. I would go with a manual cutter and perhaps a tile blade in a small grinder for the right angle cuts etc if you have a 4 1/2 grinder?. If you purchased either a Rubi TS400 or equivalent Sigma cutter you could list on ebay once you have finished with it and probably getnot lose a great deal v's hire costs of the wet cutter.
If no 4 1/2 inch grinder, the wet cutter will take longer but if you have the time it will work out less expensive though do not know the hire charges you are looking to pay.
Hope this helps

P

PMM9BRO

With the size it is more a time point than whether electric or manual. Electric will be slower. I would go with a manual cutter and perhaps a tile blade in a small grinder for the right angle cuts etc if you have a 4 1/2 grinder?. If you purchased either a Rubi TS400 or equivalent Sigma cutter you could list on ebay once you have finished with it and probably getnot lose a great deal v's hire costs of the wet cutter.
If no 4 1/2 inch grinder, the wet cutter will take longer but if you have the time it will work out less expensive though do not know the hire charges you are looking to pay.
Hope this helps
buying the sigma and the angle grinder and listing them on e-bay afterwords sounds good to me, cant find eithier items on e-bay-can you tell emm specifics?

thanks

J

Jeff the tiler

Angle grinder you can get from screwfix for as little as £20. A makita one circa £50. You will not get a lot back for these on ebay it was more the manual cutter I was saying to list on ebay. I would suggest if you go this route go for the Rubi TS40 or TS60 , not the TS50! as it is not very popular.
The Sigma 3a or 3b would suit your purpose though would go for the 3b personally. I am a Sigma user but probably you will get more hits on ebay with the Rubi so would go down this route if I was you.
It would be great if you knew someone with a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder as a suitable blade will cost you circa £15 upwards depends on the brand. Again Screwfix do some which are fine for the amount of work you are detailing.

Reply to Electric or Manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Discussion ThreadPlazma cutter causing SPD failure...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Electric or Manual cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%