• Thread starter SSE
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 48

Currently reading:
Electrician Boiler Fault Discussion Thread

Discuss Electrician Boiler Fault Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Electrician Boiler Fault Discussion Thread

Boiler Fault

I’m hoping someone can help with this boiler problem. Couple have just moved into a house that has a Grant Vortex combi boiler. The current setup is a two channel programmer, turn the heating on at programmer & it calls for heat at stat that then returns to CH terminal inside boiler. Hot water from programmer on is wired to DHW port in boiler. Now it all works fine heating wise when it’s only the CH that’s on at the programmer but when the DHW is on along with the CH even when the heating stat is satisfied at say 15, a while later it fires the heating back up again & is absolutely roasting & won’t turn off. It’s way more than 15 deg I’m told. I’ve only looked at it briefly, tested to prove that the programmer & stat were doing as they should ie switching which they were. I’m due to go back a look to investigate further so any tips appreciated. I’ve noticed there’s still a link between terminals 25 & 26 I think it was. The room stat terminals. Should this be removed even though the stat is not wired from these terminals, it’s wired from the programmer?

Boiler Fault for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Electrician Boiler Fault for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Electrician Boiler Fault Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB