Discuss En-Suite Bathroom Project - Polished Porcelain? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi

I’m onto my next project which is to re-do the en-suite which is a complete tear down and re-build. The room is pretty small – approx 2m x 2m with a window. We plan have the floor and all of the walls tiled – currently it’s carpeted and only tiled to waist height (apart from in the shower). I won’t be doing this myself – it will just take too many weekends. There will be a reasonable sized shower in there, and we plan to have electric UFH.

The lady of the house likes the idea of polished porcelain on both floor and walls, with the possibility of contrasting tile sizes between wall and floor. We want to avoid dark colours (such as black) and she doesn’t like the natural stone colours that are available. However this doesn’t seem to leave us with much choice. I’ve looked in Tile Giant (Milton Keynes) and Topps, but neither has anything suitable. Apart from light grey a quick google doesn’t seem to be throwing much up and the sizes seems very limited (too big?). Are we asking too much? Should we maybe go for porcelain on the floor and ceramic on the walls?

Some other questions on the use of polished porcelain:

1. Do they need any regular maintenance once sealed as part of the installation?
2. Are they slippery when wet?
3. Are they suitable for use in the shower? Topps said they would show up water marks
4. For a small bathroom what tile sizes are recommended?

Thanks and regards

Kevin

Reply to En-Suite Bathroom Project - Polished Porcelain? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, A while back a short course on tiling and have done a couple of smaller projects in the...
Replies
Views
I am planning on doing my bathroom up in January so I'm needing to get everything bought before...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB