Discuss Energy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Had a bill for 1400 in August, another for 900 in November, another for 1500 in Feb. lmfao.

It doesn't even add up to their estimates of 170 a month.

And they just tried to tie us in for another 12 months.

I've gone with british gas and they say our annual bill should be 1400ish.

I think our elec meter is wrong to be honest. Going to see if I can get them out to take a look at it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah I have the app for npower and was submitting the readings but I swear they're doing something dodgy with our account. We just called and they couldn't get their heads around it either. So I just said to them sod it, what's the final bill now then? Paid it. And went online and shifted.

We're in the wrong business bro. lol

O

Olz

We used to be with EON but they somehow managed to delete all out meter readings when we switched to scottish power, so they had no idea what they had charged us up to, and scottish power had no idea where to start charging us from. So EON said we'll work it out over a weeks reading, so for a week (in summer) we just didnt use anything but the very basics, we used a minute amount and gave them the reading and they then said they wouldnt do it on the reading we gave because it was summer and too low.

I stood on and told them i'd happily pay the bill, as soon as they told me what I owed, not an estimate, WHAT I HAD USED AND OWED, they couldnt and ended up sending us a rebate for the credit in the account, about £60, and Scottish power just started the bill from the meter reading on the day.

S

Scott

Your sound like you are either running the street or on a prepayment or both!

We pay a little more than that since the upstairs was opened up but then its almost double the size. With the new build insulation and a new eco boiler its probably the same as we were paying with the old boiler with just the downstairs.

How high do you have you heating set Dan? The fact that you are on a PC most of the day and not moving around you may have it set higher? We have ours at 20C all day when its cold (for the kids) and the hot water consumption is massive as the tank is 250 litres but again its brand new and well insulated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Energy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Energy
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.