Guest viewing is limited

Discuss England team selection. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

What was mr capello thinking of with his team selction last night. It is obvious that gerrard and lampard cannot play together in midfield. Heskey is only an average centre forward, and surely Joe Cole is a better option to bring on before Wright phillips. Are the wheels falling off already from englands juggernaut?

Come on man it was only the first game! It was an acceptable result as well.
Wright phillips is a great player IMO and so is Cole. I am sure capello knows more than us arm chair managers as to team selection. We will win it anyway.

:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

I think we got derailed by the Green mistake!
IMO there were only 4 players who stepped up to the mark.
Terry,Gerrard,Rooney and Heskey (yes I think he had his best game for England for a while - but he should have scored!)
Why he started with Milner in left midfield:mad2:
Lennon didn't put the ball in the middle once:mad2:
King will never last a full game:mad2:
Lampard was the usual missing in action:mad2:
Green didn't play in any of the previous 3 friendlies - yet starts:mad2:
Cole & Johnson were ineffective:mad2:
The biggest player on the pitch was their centre half (ex Newcastle) so why didn't Crouch start.
And I would have played Joe Cole.

Still the Fat Lady hasn't started to sing yet:hurray::hurray:
Come On England.

A

Aston

i thought glen johnson was ok last night ?
as dom said, first game so why worry. its better to build momentum as you go rather than peak too early..dont forget, usa got alot of men behind the ball. when we play the bigger teams, they will come out more and then there'll be more space in the games....every world cup is the same. patchy start and then there'll be somebody who gets in the team in the 3rd game and they'll stand out..

we have 5 players in our team that would walk into any team in the world..ashley cole, terry, gerrard, lampard and rooney...thats not bad having 5 world class players in one team. have we ever had that amount before and if capello (which he will) players stevieg behind rooney as the tournmnent progresses then we will have a trike force that is comparable with any team in that tournamnet, maybe the best :thumbsup:

lamps will shine in the next game, i predict 3-1 against algeria to england with lamps and rooney getting on the score sheet....

Reply to England team selection. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
England team selection.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.