Discuss English bond & cut tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I've just this second got off the phone. A customer has bought 33x10 ceramic tiles that he want put on his kitchen walls.
No problem I thought to myself, but then he said he wants 'English Bond'. He wants me to cut some of the tiles in half and he will stand behind me and sand the edges. He will also paint the edges before I stick them to the wall.

I'm going to see him tonight and see if I can talk him out of such a stupid idea. I've already told him the reasons for not doing that way.

He also added that he is willing to do his own grouting!

How do I price this one!!!:lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Definite swerve on this one. I can remember when I cut my arm open and had to go to hospital. I just asked the nurse if she could clean it up and I would do the stitches myself as I'd managed to turn a pair of trousers up 13 years ago, can't be that difficult using a needle and thread :sofahide:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Panic over. My powers of persuasion has made him see sense. Brickbond it is..................but he still wants to book me in on his day off so he can help.

The tiles were from Homebase and ceramic. I would say they would cut like a Jacobs cream cracker.........They also had a very slight bevelled edge to them.

He also wanted black grout on cream tiles, but again I persuaded him to go for ivory.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to English bond & cut tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB