Guest viewing is limited

Discuss English Limestone. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Hello everyone, this is my first post and i would like some of your collective wisdom please. Got a Limestone floor to lay (artisans stone) Random length, three different widths. This is being laid on an existing screed which was previously tiled with quarries. These have come up and areas have been levelled where it was a bit of a mess. The area is 90msq made up of two different rooms and the screed is NOT heated. My question is should i ditra? I normally recommend it and say that i cant guarantee cracking without it. But client is on a budget and i am debating wether ditra is a must. Old screed, no heating, would a quality flexi adhesive not suffice? Many thanks for your input, hope this is in the right place and not too long!

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I suspected that may be the case. I would be concerned about the thickness of the screed, especially in those style of houses, because they quite often just threw screed over mud in a few of the barn conversions I have done, and sometimes the screed is only 10mm thick in places, which is not a suitable background to lay a soft stone. I would check carefully before comitting yourself, you may have to get it re-screeded, or dig out the earth and put in joists and a suspended floor.:thumbsup:

Reply to English Limestone. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, looking for advice. About to install a limestone floor. 900mm x 600mm x18mm on a 50mm...
Replies
Views
I have a 23sq m kitchen floor extension to do in 600 sq porcelain. Whole floor is new screed on...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, Have a large area 110 Sqm to be tiled on new screed on Ditra with an 18mm limestone...
Replies
Views
S
I am a customer not a tiler! My architect wants to lay limestone tiles directly on to the...
Replies
Views
T
I've just bought 85m2 of these Limestone Tiles The sub-base consists of a wet UFH system...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Al@Lifetiles

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
English Limestone.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.