Discuss Ensiut shower. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Forest Fitter

Hi all,
Please help! I have won a job that was started by others 5 yrs ago but was never finished. They had fitted a 1200 x 800 raised tray with a tile lip on 4 sides into a 3 sided alcove. Uncovered stud work on one of the short sides which has plumbing and electrics for a shower already done. I have put 12mm Aqua panel onto this. The 1200 wall is half new plasterboard and half old skimmed board which tiles have been removed and have damaged the board and taken the skim of in patches to the paper. (600mmx2.2m new) (600mmx 2.2m old) Other short wall has new plasterboard. They have boarded down to the tile lip and left a small gap all round.
The customer is concerned about price, so I dont know whether to remove the damaged board or all the board including new and put cement board on all round and tank with BAL WP1 or mapai.
I have already had to stop him make me tile onto 2 layers of tiles on a stud wall elseware in the room. I managed to remove the tiles and leave the plasterboard intact.
The tiles are 446x316 x8.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Is all walls stud? And are the tiles just ceramic? It's not a huge tray so if you re-boarded in baseboard (about 7 boards at around £5 each) and a BAL WP1 kit would be the cheapest way i'd say. Under a ton, and you have a new, flat surface ready to go and at least done properly. Might have to put a few more noggins in the walls, and use 12.5mm board.

This is all presuming the tiles aren't too heavy.

F

Forest Fitter

Thanks everyone for all your advice and recomandations. I have to say my faith in customers has gone up, after all the information yesterday I told him my recomendation and he went with it with no fuss at all. Just to let you all know I took all the plasterboard off and added loads of noggins and have replaced plasterboard wth Aquapanel (900mm x 2.4m x 12mm ) £15 each inc vat, Bargain I thought.:thumbsup:.
Thanks again, maybe I will sleep tonight.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ensiut shower. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB