Discuss envelope cutting for wetroom tray in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

trusz

I'm installing a 1400x900 tray former from Maxus.

I plan on tiling over and envelope cutting for the falls in the tray. One thing I'm not quite sure about are the edges of the tray.

Where the tray is drilled and screwed down, the is about a 40-50mm flat edge then the tray falls down to an offset drain similar to the one pictured here:
D45332AF1.jpg

Do cuts need to be made along the edges between the falls and the flat edge? If I did that, there would be thin cuts around the edge of the tray where it meets the wall, which wouldn't be great.

I was thinking of just extending the envelope cuts from the drain, right up to the edge of the tray and build up a little extra adhesive underneath. As long as there is a gradient and full contact, would this be ok?

Has anyone else tiled a tray like this? How would you go about it?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to envelope cutting for wetroom tray in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have installed a wetroom form (the style below). I have removed the floorboards and lowered...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB