Discuss epoxy grout in new shower in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MiG

Hi all,

just about to finish the tiling on my bathroom refit ( new recessed 1200x900 shower, and around the new bath, tiles are mainly white metro, with some borders in sage , with a 2mm grout line.
i've decided on an epoxy grout because of the advantages over cement based grout ie: no discoloration, longer lasting and waterproof also i'm thinking if i use cement based i'll go with a grey-ish, but with epoxy i can go for white without the fear of having to re-grout a year or two down the line

i've done quite a bit tiling in the house, and i've read all the posts i can find about epoxy on the forum, so i know its not easy compared to cement grout. question is which grout to go for ? i'm in sunderland (north east) we have a tile giant here but cant get much info of the site, do they stock Mapei epoxy ? or i can take a trip to topps, who only seem to have Bal, which would be better ?

thx

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to epoxy grout in new shower in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB