Discuss Epoxy or Std Cement Grout for new Wetroom Floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

ap222

Hello,
I'm about to grout my wetfroom floor (900mm x 900mm) laid with porcelain mosaic tiles.
The area beneath has been tanked with Tilesafe membrane.

Now, I'm unsure on which grout to use, Epoxy or Cement based. I've used Mapei ultracolour in the rest of the bathroom floor/walls.
I understand that cement grout is not waterproof and will allow water to seep through gradually.

I've also researched that it may be better to use epoxy based grout in wet floors, as epoxy grouts are waterproof & make cleaning easier.

I'LL appreciate any views, and advice which grout to go for.

Kind regards

A

ap222

Thank you for the kind responses guys...
I'm using a 2 bar shower.
The whole family of 4 will be using it everyday.

I was planning to use Ultracolour (112), but was concerned about long term water seepage.
Although the subfloor has been thoroughly tanked, I was thinking what if water builds up gradually underneath, over the years.... I've heard that it can squeeze back up through the grout...if it cannot find its way back into the drain....

Thats why I am considering using Mapei Kerapoxy which is totally waterproof and is available in same colour (112) so colour match will be same.

Any other benefits the Kerapoxy has over ultracolour apart from the fact that it is waterproof & stain/chemical resistant? I know epoxy grouts can be a little tricky to work with...

regards

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Epoxy or Std Cement Grout for new Wetroom Floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Epoxy or Std Cement Grout for new Wetroom Floor?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.