Discuss Ever had one of those days?!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
photo.jpg
Walking back from my truck, on the phone, bag of grout casually swinging from my free hand. Suddenly it occurs to me that the bag is getting lighter!
Woops.

H

hillhead

My absolute worst was around 4 years ago.
I was on my way to price a job, as i got closer i got a very strong smell of petrol !!!!!
My van being diesel this was very odd.
I pulled up at job, smell stronger by far.
Got out, walked around to passenger door and seen drips coming from the side door !!!
Opened the door and near died ! a gallon of petrol that one of my sons got for the quad had fell over with lid not tight as usual and spilled all over my tools and soaked the floor of my brand new shiney van!! i had to pull it off the drive quick and park on road.
If my clown that left it there had been with me i fear to think what i'd have done to him.
I was livid to say the least.
It took a long time to sort out.

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Anyway now you've had a giggle at my expense. Here are some pictures of the job i was trying to finish! The outside patio has also been done now in the same tile but with a slip-proof finish. Will get some photos of this when i go back to do porch.

Attachments

• hanson2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 41
  • hanson4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 39
  • hanson3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 40
  • hanson5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 43
  • hanson1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 42

wayne

TF
leeds
i was working in scotland with my little brother labouring for me. told him to pack the tools away ready for home and everything seemed fine. next day couldnt find primer anywhere.... until i opened my toolbox. he had jammed the lid on the toolbox down and squashed primer bottle onto a notched trowel piercing the bottle. 2litres of primer over trowels,chalkline tape measures etc. i was not too happy. ever tried to get set primer off tools?

Last edited:

Reply to Ever had one of those days?!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Al@Lifetiles

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
Ever had one of those days?!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.