Discuss Ever inadvertently made a mistake that........... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

reeves1985

Ends up working out better than the pre planned idea?
I've finally got round to laying some tiles on the wall and all going well so far.
I ser out a column for a vertical mosaic border using somsoot these mosaics
Screenshot_2014-10-01-20-40-14.jpg
Anyway I was undecided whether or not to use a pencil trim as a border for the mosaics, and in the end decided not to.
So away I went got the tiles on all nice and plum (full wall minus the vertical column).
Later on I sat on the bog and thought bugger there was a bump on the wall right where the shower valve is as I was trying to be that tight on the stud wall because of space restriction when tanked you could see a few mm raise
It completely slipped my mind when I was tiling to bring the wall to that level with the adhesive and because the mosaics are only a mm or so thinner than the face tiles when fitted it meant they wowoulstand proud a mm or so
As you can probably imagine I am a bit ocd and had all sorts going round "shall I rip the wall down and start again or chop it out" etc.
Well the Mrs being the Mrs said just whack em on your not ripping it down.
The mosaics aren't fixed yet but I actually think the mm or 2 lip makes them look a lot better!!!
Anybody else had this happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ever inadvertently made a mistake that........... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi - any advice would be gratefully received. The colour of the grout in my bathroom varies...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Good morning I’m tiling a bathroom in 600x400 porcelains both floor and wall, ideally it wants...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB