Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Evostick Wide Joint Grout (Charcoal) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sapperdan

Hey Peeps,
Completed a job a couple of weeks ago on a bathroom floor , where the customer had already bought the tiles , adhesive and grout.
It was a beautiful finnish white floor tiles with charcoal grout.
Went back to do another job for the same customer this week and their bathroom floor or at least the joints looked like the great san fancisco earth quake. Massive cracks in the grout. There is no floor movement so movement isn`t an issue.
Anyone else used this Evostick widejoint grout or heard of someone using it thats had the same problems.I usually go the road to BAL for adhesive and grout and have`nt had any such problem before
Thanks Danny

S

sapperdan

The customer had already bought it from a reputable outlet and this grout had been recommended to them and I had no reason to be suspicious of it`s quality as I had never used it or heard of it before.
I climbed down in to those big ol` cracks and huffed and puffed until they disappeared the Same day as I finnished thier splash back , lol
Oh aye and the stuff was bought from HomeBase , Don`t know if I`m alowed to say that . Appologies if not.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

The customer had already bought it from a reputable outlet and this grout had been recommended to them and I had no reason to be suspicious of it`s quality as I had never used it or heard of it before.
I climbed down in to those big ol` cracks and huffed and puffed until they disappeared the Same day as I finnished thier splash back , lol
Oh aye and the stuff was bought from HomeBase , Don`t know if I`m alowed to say that . Appologies if not.

A TIP.. next time just state you can only offer a guarantee if you use products that you know work..

Best way..:thumbsup:

Reply to Evostick Wide Joint Grout (Charcoal) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views
In about 2-3 weeks after we got our bathroom fitted we noticed that the grout cracked along one...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I need some advice from the collective mind. I've tiled a kitchen floor which has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Evostick Wide Joint Grout (Charcoal)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.