Discuss Excess grout on tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

groutproblem

Hi everyone,

I had some guys come tile my kitchen, the tiles we used were Filitia Grey from topps tiles. They are porcelain but are stone effect, very textured and anti slip. The guys done a generally sloppy and rushed job, and they left a lot of grout haze on the tiles, I got some fila grout residue remover and managed to get most of it off but even after that some of them still dont look great, you can see in one of the pictures how the anti slip makes mops and brushes just rip apart on the tiles. The problem is that there is an area with a huge amount of excess grout the grout residue remover stuff is not working here and I wonder if anyone knows what I can do to get rid of this?

images at - http://imgur.com/a/I4dEc

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
This is not uncommon , I am getting 4-5 a week of these at moment- try working small sections with your residue remover ( you have a good product) , dilute - wet your joints first , as not to damage your grout joint . Use stiffer brushes or a white pad. Test two tiles see how you go- if not working strengthen product and re test until working.

Do you have / or does the last bit apear like white hazing? If so you may have a polymer smear left - this will require an alkali product - we have lithofin intensive cleaner- or fila will have similar at topps
this again

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Excess grout on tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi there First time poster - have had a tiler come and do our kitchen floor in terracotta...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB