Currently reading:
Expansion joints between rooms

Discuss Expansion joints between rooms in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi all,

just a quick one - am planning to tile four rooms on the ground floor with the same tiles and hopefully create a nice flow between the rooms of tiles.

am using flexible adhesive and grout and have planned to leave a 0.6mm expansion gap around the edges of the rooms. I've seen various expansion joint trims for across rooms, should is use one between each room?

just a thought!

0.6mm expansion round the edges.... Good luck measuring that ;)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Or you could make your own, with L shaped trim and silicon

Attachments

• hm1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 44
  • hm2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 45
  • hm3.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 42
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Expansion joints between rooms in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi first timer to tile, im getting all my prep work and tools. My question is will the self...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all So my tiler laid 125m2 and in the doorways and across the living room floor left the...
Replies
Views
I plan to lay a circa 8m x 4m patio using a concrete slab and fixing with tile adhesive. The...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB