Discuss exterrior sandstone flags, would you seal them? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

got my sandstone flags to finish off round my decking area today, but just wondering wether or not to give them a coat of impregnating sealer or not (I am keen to try LTP's new H20 sealer too). It'll be simple enough to keep the unsealed flags clean enough with my pressure washer but I really don't want to blast the pointing out of the joints. So my idea is to seal with the H20 and then turn the pressure down on my washer so as not to damage the pointing. Any thoughts folks?:thumbsup:

J

johnryan

if you're doing outside grouting you may like to have a look at this i saw at the stoneshow today.
EASYJoint, Paving Joints, Paving Jointing UK, Jointing Compounds UK, Jointing Mortars
they showed a video of it being applied, and it looked great. i got some sample from them, and will be using it to grout a slate patio i'm doing in a week or so.
ltp were there too, and showed their new sealant your thinking of using. sounds good too.

D

doug boardley

if you're doing outside grouting you may like to have a look at this i saw at the stoneshow today.
EASYJoint, Paving Joints, Paving Jointing UK, Jointing Compounds UK, Jointing Mortars
they showed a video of it being applied, and it looked great. i got some sample from them, and will be using it to grout a slate patio i'm doing in a week or so.
ltp were there too, and showed their new sealant your thinking of using. sounds good too.
I'll be pointing in sand/cement Johnny, pointing and guaging trowel as always:thumbsup:but Mark and Sue from LTP told us about the H20 on the training day at PGH, sounds awesome stuff as well as being eco friendly:thumbsup:

J

johnryan

I'll be pointing in sand/cement Johnny, pointing and guaging trowel as always
i was going to go that way with the patio i'm doing next week, but when i saw this stuff, i thought i'm going to give it a try. it's for my sister, so an ideal chance to test something new. i'll post when i've done it, with some close up photos, so you all can have a look. it looked great in the video they had, so i'm dying to give it a try.

Reply to exterrior sandstone flags, would you seal them? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
K
Please help - I know nothing about paving/tiling....!! We have just had some sandstone paving...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, a friend has recently has a burleywood sandstone floor laid, with the tiler sealing...
Replies
Views
J
Hi folks! Got a couple of quick questions about sealing mosaic tiles. We've ordered some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
W
I bought some Black Starlight Quartz tiles from Tile HQ for my kitchen and love them! When...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
exterrior sandstone flags, would you seal them?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.