Discuss Faulty fossilised porcelain tiles- lines in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hungover

Hi all, the client picked up his fossilised porcelain tiles (307*150mm) last night. After inspecting them he has 5 out of about 50 that do not have very noticeable production lines. Some of the tiles have horizontal glazing lines, some have vertical, some have both. He says that the lead time for these tiles from Topps is very long and wants me to tile some areas using the least offensive tiles so that he can get the toilet etc fitted. Has anyone else experienced this kind of flaw, are there industry standards that allow the tiles to be a bit crap? For some reason Avast doesn't like this forum today, it spotted dodgy code but still allowed me to proceed here but I can hit return or post images so please follow the links to see two of the tiles. Tnx Broken Link Removed[1].jpg and [DLMURL]http://omaar.co.uk/tile/WP_20130617_002[/DLMURL][1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

With issues of this nature, you need to get things straight with the supplier before a single tile is fitted. You don't want to give any wiggle room about acceptance of product due to fitting etc. Even just a small volume.

You also need to consider batch and production shades, so your customer may get 70% of the order replaced with a different batch which turns out to be an obviously different shade.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Faulty fossilised porcelain tiles- lines in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB