UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss feasible or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

tiling a bathroom floor that is including a 5m2 heat mat down the central area. My local suppliers don't stock insulation boards and my local TP only have HB 500 in stock at the moment. I've got 5 HB 250's that I thought would do for the central area where ufh will be, then I thought about using HB 500 around the outer areas and flooding the heat mat with slc so that it comes flush with the HB 500. Does this sound feasible as long as I tape the juncture between the two different heights (obviously all joints will be taped) or do you think I may have a potential failure point where the two different thicknesses of HB meet?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to feasible or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a tiler turning up next week to tile my refurbished bathroom. He always uses Rocatex...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi I have been browsing these forums for a while and have picked up lot of useful advice. There...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.