Discuss Fed up of idiots in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

A whole house was basically dot and dabbed in this bathroom they couldn't be bothered to strip the tiles off around the bath so they built the rest of the walls out with 6x6 tiles dot and dabbed then dot and dabbed the main tiles on the 6x6 they did this to the floors as well kitchen walls/floors down stairs loo main bathroom and ensuite I know who done it can't wait to see them they shouldn't be tiling ripping people off I was struggling for work around Xmas I could of done their house for them they should of gone with me well ****ed off image.jpg

M

mike1979

i did the small floor on a day rate price to show them how it's done properly the wife reckons I should of washed my hands of it as I'm the only local tiler in the town and I have a 100% record and a good name and they have seen my work and instead went for a bunch of monkeys from
ebbwvale I've seen some rubbish they haven't used any trim just butted the tiles on the corners as well i think we need to set up a rogue section for customers to look at so they know what to look out for during a job I'd invite potential customers to log on and take a look so they have an idea of how it should and shouldn't be done

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
i did the small floor on a day rate price to show them how it's done properly the wife reckons I should of washed my hands of it as I'm the only local tiler in the town and I have a 100% record and a good name and they have seen my work and instead went for a bunch of monkeys from
ebbwvale I've seen some rubbish they haven't used any trim just butted the tiles on the corners as well i think we need to set up a rogue section for customers to look at so they know what to look out for during a job I'd invite potential customers to log on and take a look so they have an idea of how it should and shouldn't be done

There you go Mike, short of nothing on this forum!!!

http://www.tilersforums.com/43-tiling-forum/63897-public-thread-poor-tiling-workmanship-diy-16.html

It's the customers fault too, for not researching them and for going for the cheaper price. I always explain why I am not the cheapest which seems to win the work and my estimates are very in depth yet one in particular is battling me over £200. I'm not backing down...why ?

Because she has time my days to the minute and sent me and xcl sheet !!!

Day rate is day rate...

or is it for you guys ?

If you day is 3 hours do you book 4 ? 7 for 8 ?

M

mike1979

Just think how great you look, if you know this person who tiled it, your in a position to inform people about what happened.
Turn this into a positive situation for yourself. Getting ****ed off doesn't pay the bills. Good post.:thumbsup:
Thanks and your dead right the wife agrees :thumbsup: I was ****ed off for the customer no need to be rough I'm sure he has a proper trowel lol

M

Mr Tiler

You should of said that you would have to give them a revised bill due to the extra work/materials. **** happens mate one job with a tiler before he basically had the kitchen plasterd and didn't even tell the customer until they were handed the bill, not the best way to handle it but it was an essential part of the job, in your case i suppose it is simply more time and that's also gonna cost them. And at least if they know this from you taking one tile off the wall they can accept or tell ya to hop it lol. Unless you need the work mate go in low and still do a decent job lol... I read through this thread too.... So this chap basically tiled the walls twice dot and dabbing is that rite? Crazy lol

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Ye he did and I've not priced up any of the work as there is loads and I only did the bathroom floor for them as it was the worst and I'm not doing it cheap I have a price for things and if they don't like it they can get another monkey !!!

Glad you said this.
Going in cheap is not the answer.
A decent wage for a decent job!

Reply to Fed up of idiots in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Now back to bare house brick and they not level, tiling a bathroom, shower over bath, was...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB