Discuss Few question on slate tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian.m

Evening all.
Been a long time reader of this great forum but finally decided to join.
I'm a general builder and have a lot of tiling experience with porcelain and ceramic but have never used natural slate.
i a have bathroom starting this week. A 5m square floor and 12m of walls to tile in slate. The tiles are 300 x 300 and are uncalibrated. Tiling is onto backer board.

I'm going to sort the slate into thicknesses and use thicker on the floor and thinner on the wall to help reduce the weight on the walls. Is this rite?

how are the exposed edges finished,.not external corners just where the tile ends halfway along a wall, where you would normally use a plastic or metal bead/trim.

is the method of install... lay, clean, seal, clean, grout, clean, seal?

also i would be very great full of any trick or tips for laying these that may help me out.
thanks
ian

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Few question on slate tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB