Discuss Fine scratches and hazyness in polished porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

carnybaby

Hi I have a question for you experienced tilers out there.

We have just had some black polished porcelain tiles laid (superblack from tiles porcelain if that helps)

They were only laid in december but im noticing quite a few scratches in the surfaces. I was under the impression that porcelain is quite scratch resistant.

You can feel that they are there and they are much more noticable in direct sunlight.
The tile company and the tiler said the tiles didnt need sealing or anything and we clean them with a wet cloth before buffing dry.

The first lot of scratches i attributed to moving heavy appliances over them but they do seem to be getting worse.

In addition the tiles seem to be a little cloudy now. Its a new build and we;ve had lots of trades in to rectify building errors so could they have caused any of the marks with toolkits etc?

We have never had this type of tile so im not sure if my expectations on their scratch resistance is too high and that i should just be taking more care with laying sheets down etc.

Sorry if these seem like basic questions but we have no experience of this type of floor.

Many thanks

Kuljit

C

carnybaby

Thanks Del,

We mostly wander around in slippers and have padded the bottom of the dining table chairs and table etc.
I'll try the polish on the most noticable ones. I'm just slightly shocked we've had so many marks within two months!

Any comments on the haze effect? could it be the grout not being cleaned off effectively? I remember the amount of black gunk that came off them after they were grouted. The tiler was shuffling around with a bucket of water and a sponge as he went (we had black splashes on the skirtings that we had to clean off afterwards)

Reply to Fine scratches and hazyness in polished porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fine scratches and hazyness in polished porcelain tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.