Discuss Fired Earth alternative in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,
I've found crackle glaze metro tiles online that are half the price of Fired Earth but haven't been able to find a company that produces the same kind of pencil edging tile that they do. Has anyone come across such a tile anywhere else? They call it a "pencil" but it's about 25mm high with a slight round.
Worst case I'll go with F.E. but half the cost would be quite a saving. Cheers.

T

Tile Shop

Have a feeling (but could be wrong) that the Fired Earth Crackle tiles are made by Apeadero in spain. However they supply to many other UK companies so could be worth emailing them to see who your nearest stockist is. They do the flat (Liso) and bevelled (Biselado) in 150x75. I know they also produce Dado tiles even though it doesn't show them on their website, but haven't found a crackle pencil tile unfortunatley:
Home - Azulejos Apeadero - http://azulejosapeadero.com/en/

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fired Earth alternative in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

N
Some advice wanted please. Is it possible to get a decent mitre joint with crackle glazed tiles...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
T
Choosing Tiles Ceramic tiles are the most commonly used because they are functional and...
Replies
Views
W
Re: Natural Stone tiling information Working With Stone As stone has become more popular and...
Replies
Views
ozboz
O
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB