Discuss First bathroom! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Hi,

Just added a picture of my first bathroom floor, (mine!). Hope it has attached!

I was thinking of offering free tiling to local businesses such as pubs or office kitchens just to get a bit of hands on experience and have some pics for my portfolio. Has anyone done this before? If so what was the response?

Thanks for looking!:hurray:
are you mad? why would you work for free?offer a discounted dayrate ,no one will take you seriously if you offer to give your services for free, if you are looking for experience go and work for a tiling contractor working with other tilers will bring you on far quicker learningfrom all their good and their bad habits

D

Droopy

Hi,

Just added a picture of my first bathroom floor, (mine!). Hope it has attached!

I was thinking of offering free tiling to local businesses such as pubs or office kitchens just to get a bit of hands on experience and have some pics for my portfolio. Has anyone done this before? If so what was the response?

Thanks for looking!:hurray:

:huh2:

Bad idea.
You can get all the work in the world if you offer it for free.

Even if someone offers to give you all the work you can handle on the basis you do the first one or two free, don't do it.
Chances are they will just be taking advantage of you, and you'll never hear from them again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to First bathroom! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
hello to everybody, how's it going? I'm new here just signed up and wanted to know what...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB