Discuss First of many I hope in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Just finished up a job today for an elderly couple that I've done work for previously. Before I got the chance to say "How would you like to pay?", the customer said "I noticed on your website you take card now. Can I pay with that?"
They've always paid me by cheque & I already had the speel ready to say "I accept cards now" but she bet me to it lol.
I have been promoting it a fair bit & it seems to be working! Hope I can limit the amount of cheques I get with pushing card payments & maybe one day stop taking cheques.
Hope today was the first of many more to come!

B

Bubblecraft

Have you got it set up as business or personal?
For business, maximum amount of transactions per day for MasterCard, Amex & DCC is £15,000 (£2,500 per single transaction). Maximum transactions per day for Visa is £2,000 (£500 per single transaction).
You can take up to 4 payments from the one client & if it exceeds the £2k limit, just come back the following day or they can pay the rest in cash, cheque or Paypal

A

AMtek

i've just set up a personal one, seemed easier until i could have a play with it. The way i read it you could only charge £500 on a single card in one day? but a max of £1500 in a day spread over several cards? considering most cards are visa its the only thing i paid much attention to. I have been looking into the paypal remote terminal for my office PC and it seems a good option apart from the fact that it takes 3- 4 days to transfer funds from paypal to a bank account so you might as well take a cheque, the only advantage is that the transaction is procesed immediately so you know they have the funds available and they can use a credit card

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to First of many I hope in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB