Discuss First Post & Its Been a while since I tiled in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dirtyepic

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can help ?

I trained as a tiler when I was younger but only have a TS40, Had a change of career and now work as a 3d and webdesigner but I've been asked to do a job and the lady has already purchased 600 mm porcelain tiles. Does anyone have a Rubi cutter I believe to be TS60 for sale.

Don't care about the condition so long as it works (my ts40 is still going and it was secondhand when I got it) Based in the West Yorkshire area but can travel or get a courier to pick up. Looked on all the normal places.

Regards
Stew

D

Dirtyepic

OK, thanks for advice what are the montolits like to use from the pictures they seem quite different to the rubi's. There's on the bay for £100 at the moment. Do they have a breaker bar for splitting ?, just followed Sir Ramic advice and looked over on Gumtree and found a couple that might do... Yes indeed, I do like a bit of Underworld blasting out, funny enough I've used it as a user name on a few places over the years on your the first to ever recognize it.....

B

bugs183

Haha, i live and breath Underworld, reminds of an enormous session that ended up with Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Absinthe and my mate being being rather ill!!!
Anyway yes the monto is a bit differant, but i found the bars on my 60+ were flexing and the jaws broke porcelain badly. Saw the monto and never looked back, not as easy to line up the pencil marks, but no biggy you get the feel for it. The breaker is on the scouring handle, like the Sigmas.
Bit of a debate here between Rubi and Sigma users, many people have switched to Sigma.
I

D

Dirtyepic

Thanks for the welcomes, decided to go ahead and buy a Sigma 2D4 Techica, going to order it tomorrow morning. The guy over at Tool Venture said its an older model but would be more than adequate (watched a couple of promo videos and they seem fairly straight forward). I havn't seen underworld the film but seen Underworld the due to few time (admittedly Karl Hyde and Rick Smith, arn't as sexy as Kate Beckinsale but they know how to make good tunes :) )

Actually really looking forward to do some tiling, if anyone gets an overspill and they need some weekend laboring/tiling let me know.

Thanks for your help with this, my first post....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to First Post & Its Been a while since I tiled in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
Not been on for ages, hope everyone's well and keeping busy. Work was dead for me after Easter...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB