Discuss First Post please be gentle!! Lots of help needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Ossie

Hi everyone,

I would like to tile the interior of a chimney breast uing metro ceramic bevelled edge tiles 200mm x 100mm. I am a complete novice never before have I attempted any kind of tiling.

Please can anyone give me some advice? with regards to the following questions I have.

1. The surface I am will be tiling to is a plastered surface, in my opinion it is a sound surface it was plastered approx six years ago, it was painted with Dulux endurance paint but now this has been completely removed. Is there anything I need to do to prepare the plaster before I start applying the tile adhesive?

2. With regards to the tiles (Ceramic Metro bevelled edge 200mm x 100mm what size spacers should I use?

3. I would like to attempt the brick bond design layout, how would I start this project? I intend to tile above a wooden skirting board and would like any views on how best to tackle this?

Thanks in advance everyone.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
So sorry, I have just noticed your post, thank you so very much what is SBR primer and can you recommend a particular one or does it nor really matter?

Lol. No worries. If you have a topps tiles near you pop in there and get a small 1 litre bottle of BALs primer. Unless you have any other tile shops near you. But you can't go wrong with BAL Lino my opinion.

O

Ossie

Anytime. Good luck.

Once done come back and show us a picture or two of what you've done.
Been meaning to do something with our fireplace in our house. Never get time to do work at home though. My other half is pressing me though. Just done a job for a friend of hers. Now she wants it doing even more urgently. Figures!

Ha ha ha yes this is all because my other half had a flash of brilliance regarding the what we could do with the space and casually dropped into the conversation that I could do tiling !! no full well I have never in my life even talked about tiling let alone have a go at it, and now I have the added pressure of supplying photos to the forum once said job is complete, well I will supply photos regardless of the mess! sorry how job turns out. Thanks again for your help.

O

Ossie

also ,mak sure the skirting is level :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks judge bought a spirit level:lol: and plan to start job from the bottom by attaching batons a few inches above the skirting board just in they are not level that way I can cut tiles to compensate for this also taking other helpful advice received and working from my centre outwards towards the corners.:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to First Post please be gentle!! Lots of help needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB