Discuss First time plasterboard-er in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jaydebruyne

I've just gone to measure up for a job I'm doing - bathroom refurb - re-tiling shower/bath area, new (replacement) electric shower, new wash basin and WC.

From the looks of the existing plaster in the bath/shower area it will need to be hacked off with new plasterboard fitting.

I've just found a really good post on here about fixing plasterboard so I will use that as a guide,

BUT...

I've never fixed plasterboard before and wanted to know if anyone had any tips for plastering novices like me that will make the job less daunting/easier.

I'd really like to do it myself so I can learn how to do it for future jobs.

Cheers all
Jay

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to First time plasterboard-er in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB