Discuss First White Limestone Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clipboard2008

Hi All

Just been to quote my first Limestone job today, 19m2 in a Kitchen and 3m2 in a hallway

Tiles are 600x600x15mm, filled (no holes at all) square edge as well. Matt finish not polished, still dusty.

What do I need to be aware of when laying white Limestone?
How long would a job like this normally take you guys?
Customer would like 2mm spacers used but I think it's going to be too tight as the Limestone edges are not that great quality?

Floor in Kitchen is concrete screed and is as level as you could possibly want it
Floor in hallway will be a latex screed

Obviously I have to be extremely clean, but do I have to be careful with pencil marks, cleaning with water etc??

Also with regard to sealant, whats best to use, I've been using the Fila Honed/Tumbled Travertine & Marble Protector for my travertine. So I was hoping to use the Limestone one with this job, would it be ok?

Thanks all

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
With some Limestone, you have to wear clean gloves with to handle it, because the grease from your fingers can mark it if it's very pale. If I were you I would be thinking about sealing it before you do anyhting else with it, after removing the dust first of course. Also make sure your shoes are not black when you are stepping on it, as I had a plumber do some work on one of my jobs after I had fixed them, and his shoes put black marks on the surface, which were very difficult to remove, oh and keep grass off of it too if you're working outside, you'll never get the grass stains completely out if you squash a blade between 2 tiles. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

As above depending on how pure white it is , depends on how you go about this..

Latex gloves and a light wipe down with a damp cloth rinsed regularly to remove surface dust.. most will accept several coats of sealer to saturate it enough to seal it.

But you want at least 2 to 3 coats before even go anywhere near it with grout.. and as Ken says you will need to have at least one coat before fixing.. always take extreme care with pure whites and charge the best rates for all the work involved..

Reply to First White Limestone Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
First White Limestone Job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.