Discuss Fitting 12.5mm Marmox onto Brick Work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

siremastimus

Hi

Just after some advice, have got some of the large size 12.5mm Marmox boards to fit in cloakroom. Have hacked off old plaster and am back to brick work which isnt bad in terms of being level but dips in and out in places by few mm as they tend to. Am I better of using something like an 8 / 10mm trowel and solid bedding the boards onto the brick work, letting dry and then mechanically fixing (maybe 15 screws per board) or dot and dabbing and then fixing once dry (again 15 dabs and screws once set). Any advice gratefully received as always!

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fitting 12.5mm Marmox onto Brick Work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping my new bathroom for plastering before tiling and am unsure about...
Replies
Views
Now back to bare house brick and they not level, tiling a bathroom, shower over bath, was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm struggling to get a tiler in my area since lockdown so I have taken the bold...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB