Discuss Fitting / installing a glass shower panel rail cubical bathroom tiles drilling holes in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

FACT: Shower glass at 10mm is heavy and need a number of fixings to hold that weight!

At some stage you will need to install your shower glass panel and door. Most units come as an assembly pack that make use of
1) Large screws
2) Metal channels to secure the glass
3) Extra lugs or wall braces.
4) Glue
5) Foam Strips
6) Mastic.

41.jpg

And here it is.... This is our wall. We need to drill it twice
1) To fit the frame.
2) To reinforce the frame with lugs.

43.jpg

First we mark out the wall to the area where the metal bar will fit. (Sorry the photo is faint) Look to the second tile in and you will see the dots for the scews. In this case the metal bar has holes pre-drilled to accept the screws. You have to match the holes in the bar to the tile. Remember to lift up the bar a little if it has a 45* angle at the bottom. Thats because you will slide a second bar along the shower tray.

42.jpg

We've made a start... This is one of four 8mm holes we are forming into the porclelain tiles.
58.jpg

Now we fit the metal bar to the wall. In this case its glued and screwed.

Now we mark out for the lugs. You can see a lug fitted to the shower glass just in shot on the right hand side. We have fitted the glass into theat channel and then drawn the screw holes on the wall (heavy work)

52.jpg

The template is used to hold the drill steady on the porcelain and prevent wander or drill slip.

30.jpg

Drilling begins...

57.jpg

A perfect set of holes...

56.jpg

Closeup of those holes. Ready for brown plugs

55.jpg

Now all we do is lift this glass sheet and place it into the channel.

Reply to Fitting / installing a glass shower panel rail cubical bathroom tiles drilling holes in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
D
Do you need to drill holes in very hard porcelain tiles? Do you want to do it with ease, using...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
The guys at Hansgrohe have made life great for clients but difficult for installers. There is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB