UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss fixing hardibacker 250 to a highly glossed floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

I actually forgot to screw one to the floor but used sbr with the addy and it stuck, I was advised from a shop to nail and adhesive under the hardie then remove nails:yikes:

wow with advice like that you don't need enemies fingers crossed for you

its a bit like plaster boarding a ceiling years back they said just use stab (adh) and nails to be removed when dry
after many failures they now recommend screwing as well

just to add you nail through a small scrap piece of plasterboard into new ceiling when dry remove if you understand/////

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

cheers for the advice guys :thumbsup:

thing is dont hardie say you can use clout nails to fix? if this is the case and the addy didnt stick you could find yourself in hot water

also about the addy taking up the voids,,,thats fine but if it isnt stuck the the sub floor surely that stil leaves a sligght space for moverment?

you can use clouts as stated but screws are far better
addy between floor and sheeting shouldnt move if its screwed right its just used to keep sheeting flat and not taking the shape of the floor

hope that helps

R

Rob Z

The CV here in north America is that you should use an unmodified thinset (no latex, no polymers, no additives) under the panels. As Dave and Jay said, that material is there to just fill the voids. There has been a lot of testing at the lab for Tile Council of North America that has demonstratred that the floor is actually better constructed for tile if the cbu's are NOT glued to the floor with adhesive (and only fastened with screws or nails).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to fixing hardibacker 250 to a highly glossed floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and I'm an "experienced DIYer" if I can say that :). We (my...
Replies
Views
At the weekend I will be tiling my bathroom floor with 1200x600 Porcel-thin tiles. It’s only a...
Replies
Views
R
Hi. Need to tile ensuite floor in extension which has currently got new T&G floorboards down. Am...
Replies
Views
K
Apologies if this has been covered but I could not find much info on aquapanel searching...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.