UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Fixing Hardibacker direct to chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,
Just tried to pm hardi rep on here but it said his mailbox is full (popular guy!!) so thought I would ask the rest of the knowledgable bunch.

I have a job next week (weather permitting!) laying 20mm thick marble tiles. They're to be lay onto chipboard flooring so I wanted to lay hardibacker to give max strength for weight of tile.

2 questions :

-What thickness would you recommend, 6 or 12mm?

-Would I use spf or 2 part flexi addy as well as screws to fix the boards?

Thanks Ross :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fixing Hardibacker direct to chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm redoing my bathroom that I did 15 odd years ago. Before it was tiled with 20x20...
Replies
Views
D
Looking for some advice , Upstairs bathroom is chipboard floor . I planned to hardiebacker...
Replies
Views
David Bingham
D
K
Apologies if this has been covered but I could not find much info on aquapanel searching...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
This is about a Victorian conversion property I am buying. I agreed purchase on condition that I...
Replies
Views
H
I am in the process of converting a barn into a dwelling and have installed underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.