UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss fixing tumbled marble for first time on my own in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bosco07

hi folks

i am laying 12m2 of tumbled marble 40x40 onto a new build conrete floor. its been down for months so no worries anout it not being dry.

couple of questions if i may, should i use ditra matting or similar .

should i seal before fixing, and before grouting, the supplier recomended 3 coats but i was chatting to a chap i used to labour for and he said just seal after grouting as its tough to grout those tiles once sealed.

do i have to use rapid white addy, i dont want to rush anything and dont really mind how long it takes me as its an empty house and i have all weekend.

cheers in advance, anything else people can think off please feel free.

bosco

R

Rich

Re: fixing tumbles marble for first time on y own

I would definitely seal before grouting and then again afterward with at least a couple of coats. There is no reason to use rapid if you dont want to if the floor isnt going to be walked on or grouted soon but it must be white. Get yourself some standard setting adhesive, prime the screed with an acrylic primer before you start. You will want a half moon trowel to give you a good contact of adhesive under the tile, skim the back of each tile with the flat edge of your trowel to fill in all the voids in the back of the stone before pressing the tiles into the spread adhesive. It is very important to leave no voids in the bed of adhesive under the tile.

B

bosco07

Re: fixing tumbles marble for first time on my own

cheers guys, thats exactly what i wanted to hear, and what i planned on doing except i was thinking about using a de coupling membrane due to the expansion issues of the screed.

cheers.

the tiles do have holes etc. when you say make sure no voids, what is the best practice on this, without uplifting every tile, i am a worryer and voids under the floor tiles always worry me. i guess just tap them all to listen for hollow areas and back buttering should surfice

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to fixing tumbled marble for first time on my own in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello It's Hugo here. I did have an account on here before but can't seem to find it, so I have...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
A long post and not tiling but I hope someone can help, I'm trying to get some decent...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, Looking for advice please. 2 problems! We have just had encaustic tiles laid in our...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.