UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss " Flexible " tile adhesive ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

olympia5776

Hi all.
4 years ago I tiled walls and floors on a new timber framed house over here in SW Ireland .
About 18 months later cracks started top appear on some floor tiles about 4 inches from the walls . After a lot of investigation it was discovered that the builder had built the foundations for the ( large ) timber frame using block placed on their side rather than upright as the plans showed. Inside the block founds insulation was laid with underfloor heating attached and then a slab of concrete poured over it. What happens now is that the founds and the slab are not connected and depending on the water table and/or ambient temp the slab either lifts or drops by a tiny amount. Due to the fact that the tiles bridge this join about four inches from the wall the tiles shear.
The owner accepts this but the resulting broken tiles destroy the lovely floor.
I came on here to ask if any of you are aware of or can recommend an adhesive that would move the 1 or 2 mm max that is causing the problem. The worst area is a lower ground floor tiled in 8 inch terracotta . We still have spare tiles so a repair is possible.
Thanks in advance .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to " Flexible " tile adhesive ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.