Discuss Floating floor to concrete in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

d.bott

Need some advice please,

We have just knocked down kitchen wall to open up through dining room.We will be tiling throughout.The problem is that the dining floor is a floating floor,chipboard on insulation and the kitchen floor is concrete.The concrete floor is 10mm lower than the floating floor,what would be best to raise the kitchen floor and then bridge the joint of the two floors.The tiles are 600x600 porcelain

Thanks

I think the advice is to not tile the floating floor.
Lots of previous threads on the subject on here. No doubt you've had a browse..

Do we have any sizes??
is it just a couple of m2 and you're prepared to take the risk? or is it a 50m jobby that would obviously be very costly when it fails.

Putting ply on top of a floating floor means its still a floating floor, with ply on it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floating floor to concrete in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB